Today, I am going to discuss on how to get 1000+ visitors per day on your website or blog. If you don’t have good quality traffic on your website or blog, you don’t get the desired result. This is one of the main reasons businesses fail online. I have seen many bloggers who don’t have traffic on their website and eventually they give up and quit blogging.
Getting traffic on your website is difficult only if you don’t follow the right approach. You are not going to get traffic to your website overnight. So you must have to have a short-term, mid-term and long-term plan for your blog.
I am going to discuss on Social Media Optimization(SMO) / Social Media Marketing(SMM) that includes Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Digg & StumbleUpon.
To get the best of results, I would first request you to prepare high-quality content before implementing these strategies.
Table of Contents
- 1. Twitter
- 2. Facebook
- 2(a). Create a Fan Page
- 2(b). Properly fill out all the information.
- 2(c). Invite existing contacts to like your Page.
- 2(d). Incorporate Facebook into your communication channels no matter they are online or offline.
- 2(e). Create valuable content
- 2(f). Use Facebook Advertising (paid) to get new likes.
- 2(g). Find some high profile in your niche
- 2(h). Start Posting
- 3. Digg
- 4. Reddit
- 5. StumbleUpon
First of all, you need to set-up a twitter profile either a personal or company account. There is no separate way of creating twitter profile for company or individual. Once you create the twitter profile, you must need to take care of the following things:
- Put profile picture. If you just create an account and start tweeting people won’t follow you. Research shows that people don’t like to follow those who don’t have a profile picture in their account. If you have a profile picture, people will follow you back and it’s a proven fact.
- Location. Mention where you live or your brand located.
- Bio. Put something interesting in your bio. It should be short and sweet. What you do or what your company is all about.
- Custom About link. There is very little space in the twitter bio section to write everything about you or your company. So you can place your website or blog’s about page link in the bio section as well. Moreover, you can use URL shortening service (goo.gl or bit.ly). It will help you shorten the URL and increase character to write in the bio section. The biggest advantage you will have, you would be able to track how many people clicked that link and get the demographic details.
- Put Your Website URL. Enter the URL of your website. You can also place your custom “about link” in this section instead of placing it in the bio section.
Now the question starts, how to get twitter followers?
Follow People In Your Niche
Once you set-up your profile, you need to start adding people. Adding people doesn’t mean blindly following every individual from any niche. It is not going to help you any mean. You need to find the people who are in the same niche you are in or have the same interest like you.
For an example, if you have a blog in tech news niche, you can search for twitter handle of Tech Crunch, and Mashable etc. Then navigate to the followers’ section and start following those people who are following them. Now, when they are going to see your profile, there is a probability that the person will follow you back.
For some reason, people just don’t tweet. The more you tweet, the more traffic you are going to get. If you tweet twice a day, say you get 100 visitors each tweet. If you tweet twice, you get 200 visitors. If you tweet 10 times a day you get 1000 visitors. It’s just a simple math. But at the same time, you need to remember that you are not tweeting the same content again and again. People will get bored and that may decline your chance of getting your audience or followers engaged with your tweets. They might also unfollow you.
Scheduling Your Tweets
It is an excellent tool where you can schedule your tweets which are to be posted in the future. Your audience gets involved even while you sleep and eventually you keep getting traffic on your website. This is something you might want to consider as well.
These simple steps will help you to get good quality traffic to your website and will help you get followers in your niche. If you want to know more about how to get twitter followers, you might like these articles:
2(a). Create a Fan Page
Create a Facebook fan page and start inviting your friends to join your Facebook page. Once your friends start joining your page this trend is followed by friends of your friends and there is a probability that you start getting more like on your Facebook page.
2(b). Properly fill out all the information.
The About section of your Page must include an overview of what your business has to offer. Must mention what an advantage a user going to get & don’t forget to link your website to your Facebook page.
2(c). Invite existing contacts to like your Page.
Chances are you already have existing friends, family and customers. If you invite them to like your Facebook page, they willing to connect with your business on Facebook if you simply asked them to like your page.
2(d). Incorporate Facebook into your communication channels no matter they are online or offline.
Making your Facebook Page as discoverable. If you have a website, blog, or email newsletter, use Facebook’s social plugins (especially the Like Button or Like Box) to get people to Like your Page on the spot and without having to head over to www.facebook.com/page_username
2(e). Create valuable content
Valuable content makes valuable visitors. Creating valuable content is the key to. It really comes into play with the kind of content you create and share among your fans, and it really matters a lot the way you interact with them.
2(f). Use Facebook Advertising (paid) to get new likes.
Facebook offers “Page like Ad” which contains a call-to-action to “Like Page,” and that appear in the News Feed as a Page post or as a display ad on the right-hand sidebar. But before proceeding to Facebook Advertising it would be a good idea to have some valuable content on your post or on your website. There are better chances of getting good results if a visitor finds the content valuable.
2(g). Find some high profile in your niche
Find a bunch of high profile in your niche and ask them to become a fan because all their followers will see him becoming your fan so you are going to get even more new and a huge audience. It is really powerful. Literally, overnight you will get hundreds and hundreds of people join your fan page.
2(h). Start Posting
Once you start posting your fans get involved with the post and you get more traffic on your website.
Submit every blog article to Digg! I know I know… This recommendation might bring some negative comments, I’m sure. Regardless, digg.com is an excellent way to advertise your site for free. Write your articles honestly and don’t copy-paste it. If you are new to blogging, I would recommend you to submit your every article to digg.com. Even if you think that your article is not good, submit it to Digg. Let the Digg community decide whether the content is good or not. Every article that doesn’t make the front page of Digg will land you about 100-500 page views but if you manage to make the front page, you will get anywhere between 1,000 and 20,000 pageviews per day. It’s massive!
Reddit takes a lot to get good results. First, you need to build your value in the Reddit community before you really start getting the traffic to your website. The large sites are generally controlled by their admins or moderators but Reddit, on the other hand, is controlled by its users. So, it is very important that you first build your reputation in Reddit community. This will help you get the results you need.
The way Reddit works is really simple. It is divided into several categories that are called subreddits. There are thousands of subreddits available on Reddit where you can submit the link to your website.
The basic steps to getting started with Reddit:
- Search on Reddit and Find Subreddits in your niche.
- Subscribe to those subreddits and become an active community member.
- Participate in the discussion and engage yourself with other community members.
- Submit your website link.
The users on the Reddit or subreddits in which you submitted the link have the option to upvote or downvote your link. If you really have awesome and unique content, that might get viral in no time. And you can expect traffic anywhere in between 100 to 20,000 per day.
StumbleUpon is an amazing content discovery engine which is owned by eBay. It is a blend of social bookmarking, voting, networking, content discovery, and blogging. It has user base above 25 million.
StumbleUpon allows you to submit your content with the click of the mouse. It has the great potential to drive a large amount of traffic to your website if one of your submitted blog posts picks up and get a lot of stumbles. Just like Reddit and Digg, StumbleUpon can drive traffic to your website in thousand per day.
Basic steps to getting started:
StumbleUpon Submission is broken down into 3 easy steps:
- Add a Page – Enter the URL of the page that you want to submit on StumbleUpon.
- What is this page about? – StumbleUpon provides you with the option where you can choose the topics (up to 10 topics).
- Choose Tags – Enter tags relevant to your web page and finally click save to proceed.
I know some of you have been blogging for a very long time. What would you add that I didn’t mention? Please share your opinion in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!