How much money can you make with Google AdSense?
There are two perspectives. Let’s have a look at each one:
There is no sure way: There is no sure way to calculate the amount of money you will be generating from Google AdSense because it is unpredictable to calculate the amount of money you will make per click. AdSense income is dependent on a variety of factors that I will be discussing in this article.
There is no limit: There is no limit to how much money you can make with Google AdSense. There are many bloggers, making hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month from advertising revenue while some make between 0 to $10 a month.
W>What Are The Factors That Affects Google AdSense Revenue?
There are many factors you need to consider while trying to estimate how much money you can make with Google AdSense. Mostly, people look at the estimated cost-per-click and
- The Blog topic
- Blog/Website Layout
- Ad Placement
- Ad Type
- Traffic demographic
- A number of clicks you receive on your ads.
- The Cost Per Click (CPC) of the advertisements
1>1. The topic of your blog
It is very important that you do a bit research before choosing the topic for your blog. It is very important that you pick a right niche for your blog.
Let’s understand what is niche is all about.
Niche is a focused and targetable part of the market that focuses a specific topic.
Niche vs Target Market
Your niche is the service you specialise in offering to your target market. While target market is the group of people you serve.
Check out this step wise step guide that will help you choose the right topic for your blog:
2. >2. Website Layout
It is by far the most important factor people might not consider. No matter how your website looks like, accessibility is a key. To create a proper layout of a website must consider following things:
- Device Resolution. You must
optimiseyour website for different devices like desktop, laptops, tablets andphones. There might be people accessing your website from different devices. As per research, most users are using either 800×600 resolution or 1024×768 resolution. Therefore, it is one of the most important factors that hasto be considered while designing a layout for the website.
- User-Friendly Navigation. You make sure that you keep
navigationsystem super easy so that users don’t have to look for things and get frustrated if they don’t find.
- The audience’s Expectations. Never forget about people’s expectations. The layout of the site should be created in relevant to the topic of your blog/website, else the customers will quickly lose their interest.
- Colour scheme for the layout. Before choosing the
coloursmust understand your industry. Then do research for the right kind of coloursfor your industry type. Make sure you know a little bit about colourtheory and choosing the web safe colours.
At the same time, web analytics becomes very important. You constantly have to analyze your audience’s device. So that you can include it in your AdSense ad strategy. If you aren’t looking at all these factors, you are probably losing all money knowingly.
3. Ad Place>3. Ad Placementave done everything! A great website layout, great content, website traffic, and Google AdSense approval. But the end of the day the revenue you generated from Google AdSense is not up to your expectations level because you did not get many clicks on the ads.
What could be the reason?
Well, if you have done everything all right and still didn’t get up to your expectations then there might be an issue with ad placement.
So how to increase click through rate?
Well, let’s have a look at the official Google AdSense Heat Map:
- Ad placement at Top of the article header again has better Google AdSense Click Through Rate (CTR).
- If you thinking only about revenue you can place an advertisement between the content. (Link units)
Another few places where you can place advertisement for better CTR:
- Above the post
- Sidebar banner
- Sidebar video unit
To know more about how to increase the click-through rate (CTR), read the following resource:
4. Ad Type>4. Ad Typey important that which Ad Type you choose for your website. The Ad type must be text because text ads tend to have a higher click-through rate (CTR). You can try ad format for both text and image at the same time as it gives you more CPC. Image ads are usually less preferred as it gets you less click through rate (CTR) and lower cost per click (CPC). Though at times, depending upon the niche and blog type, image ads might also perform better.
Here are some of the Ad sizes that are found to be more effective:
- 336×280 large rectangle
- 300×250 medium rectangle
- 728×90 leaderboard
- 300×600 half page
and on mobile:
- 320×100 large mobile banner.
5. Your traffic>5. Your traffic demographicrom which you are getting the most traffic is the key to your AdSense income. For example, if your blog is getting more traffic from countries like the US and the UK, are more likely to earn more money on per ad click. On the other hand, if you are getting more traffic from developing nations like India, you are likely to earn very less.
6. The number o>6. The number of clicks your ads receive.rage anywhere between 1-10% of your total visitors might click on an ad. Let’s assume only 1% of the people click on the ad. To calculate how much revenue are you generating from the ad clicks, you can take the cost per click and multiply it by the number of clicks you get based on your traffic.
For an example, if you get 100 page views and a click-through rate is 1%, then you will get 1 click on an average. If you’re getting a CPC (cost per click) of $1, then you should be making $1 per 100 page views.
Similarly, let’s determine the cost per thousand or cost per mile (CPM). In the case, if you have
Now, by seeing the above Cost Per Mile (CPM) example, it is obvious that how traffic impacts your Google AdSense revenue. At $10 CPM, you need 10,000 page views to make $100. Next time you see a picture of someone holding up an AdSense check, think about the amount of traffic they needed to make that money.
Check out these simple techniques on How To Earn $100 Per Day With Google AdSense.
7. The Cost Per C>7. The Cost Per Click (CPC) of the advertisementsick (CPC) depends on many factors. Here are some of the key ones:
Niche: As we have already discussed niche has a big role to play in your AdSense revenue. Here are some of the highest paid niches on the basis of cost per click (CPC):
Content: Second thing is the content, you must write quality content that is useful for your readers.
Allow block ads: Block those categories which are completely irrelevant to the content or niche of your blog. If your blog is about Technology, then keep ads related to technology but block the ad categories of other niches Dating, Banking, Health etc. This will help you increase the cost per click for your Google AdSense.
Country: As we have already discussed in the demography section. It is one of the most important factors that can increase the cost per click. If you are getting traffic from countries like US and UK and getting most clicks from there only, you will get up to $2 to $3 per ad click. Many people claim that they have received $35 per click.
While the minimum cost per clicks (CPC) 2 or 3 cents in AdSense, the high you can make up to $40 to $50 per click from the most expensive keywords.
Do let me know what’s one trick which worked for you to increase your AdSense revenue. If you enjoyed reading this article, consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get latest and greatest updates and offers.