Most bloggers dream of having a highly popular blog where they can generate revenue from Google AdSense & other advertising networks. However, dreaming about it won’t get everyone there unless or until having good traffic.
There are a number of ways to increase traffic to your website or blog. It depends on how you strategize and implement things. But if you’re stuck for ideas, here I am going to discuss 100 ways which will help you increase traffic on your website.
Enhancing Website Layout & Multimedia/Images
- Choose a beautiful theme for your blog.
- Optimise your website for viewing on mobile devices.
- Navigation should be user-friendly and search engine friendly.
- Link to your Recent Post, Popular Post, and Tags to the sidebar of your website.
- Include different ways to access your content such as category and archives.
- Include a search function on your blog.
- Use eye-catching graphics to draw the attention of people to your posts.
- Keep in mind the graphics that you are using shouldn’t be that heavy that it get time to load. It should be web friendly.
- Use web safe font family and colours to make sure they are accessible.
- Creating Pinterest-friendly graphics with text on top of images. It will encourage people to pin your posts.
- While uploading videos to YouTube and Vimeo, keep in mind that your site is linked in your profile.
- Use attracting signature containing website URL and at the same time keep in mind that it should be professional.
- Produce a podcast and distribute it through iTunes or any other podcast platform.
Content is the key
- Write about current news stories is the key, people search for latest news and views. Writing about trending topics on Twitter and in Google trends.
- Subscribe to Google Trends to get the ideas about trending topics on Google.
- Write eye-catching headlines.
- Writing great content is key to getting people involved with your website, the article should be informative, useful and avoid grammatical mistakes.
- Write more often — the more you post, the more have chances of getting consistent traffic.
- While writing an article, it is recommended to have more than the 300 word.
- Blog on a consistent schedule so your readers know when to expect new content.
- Write list blog posts — they get more traffic than a traditional blog post.
- Search forums in your niche to see what people are discussing about topics.
- Ask your readers interest that they would read about.
- Sometimes, writing about controversial topics can grab people’s attention and once the debate is started, even more, people get involved with it.
- Using link baiting techniques can get you massive sharing.
- Explore your analytics, search for your popular content and create more of the same but keep in mind that people don’t get bored to it.
Make social presence
- Create a Facebook page for your blog. Place a Facebook like a box and invite visitors to like your page. Now, use it communicate with your readers and post a notification every time you publish an article.
- Tweet all your posts when you publish them. You can use TweetDeck. It is an excellent tool where you can schedule your tweets which are to be posted in the future.
- Follow users that Twitter recommends you to follow every day —few will follow you back.
- Share your post on Google+ once you publish them.
- Use social media scheduling software like Buffer to post automatically on social media.
- Regularly pin images from your site. Remember the more you pin, the more people you attract on Pinterest. Make sure your profile is complete and website URL is updated in your profile.
- Create a Tumblr blog and start re-blogging content from your own site.
- Set up an Instagram account and tell your followers when you publish a new post.
- Comment on other blogs useful comments.
- Share other people’s posts on social media discuss the useful information to your readers.
- Build a good relationship with other bloggers through their blog, by email or on social media.
- Follow all the followers of other influential bloggers in your niche on Twitter.
- Include social sharing buttons on all your posts.
- Make use of blog comment hosting service such as Disqus.
- Encourage engagement on your blog by ending your posts with a question.
- Include related content at the end of your post.
- Link to all your posts with StumbleUpon.
- Reply to your comments and emails to show your dedication towards your blog and readers.
- Join social groups and communities related to your niche to share knowledge and help each other.
- Create LinkedIn Company Page and link to your blog.
- Submit your best posts to Digg and Reddit.
- Convert some of your content into the presentation and upload it to SlideShare.
- Include a link to your RSS feed.
- Go back to old posts and edit them to update and improve them from time to time.
Link Building & Posting
- Include the URL of your website in your email signature.
- Guest post on other blogs — try pitching to one new blog every week.
- Include a link to your blog in every single online profile you have.
- Answer questions on Yahoo! Answers and leave a link to your website.
- Scribd is the world largest digital document library. You’re able to publish original writings and documents. The post will need to be covered to Adobe PDFs files.
- Set up a free blog related to your niche on Blogger, Livejournal, Typepad and post articles on sites like HubPages and Squidoo with links back to your blog.
- Social bookmarking site is a great way to get your web page noticed. These are some of the Social Bookmarking sites you would love to consider:
- Stumble Upon
- Tweet Meme
- Slash Dot
- Friend Feed
Reaching new audiences through syndication improves search engine optimisation. Here is the List of a website that offers RSS service:
Is your website listed in the most relevant niche specific industry? You can use these following directories:
Another method of driving traffic to your site is Pay Per Click. It’s a method of advertising based on search engines, where people make a query and result is displayed on the Search Engine Result Pages(SERPs). In order to drive more traffic to your site, you can bid on Keywords relevant to your niche. Google AdWords is one of the best Pay Per Click(PPC) which I prefer. However, these are some of the PPC programs:
- Google AdwordsAds
- Facebook Ads
- Bing Ads
- Ad Cash
- YouTube Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Yahoo! Ads
- Submit your sitemap to Google. e.g., www.websitevidya.com/sitemap_index.xml
- It is highly recommended to submit your website pages to the search engines.It improves your site’s visibility in search results on various search engine websites.
- Create an Affiliate Marketing program and pay others to promote your website.
- Using joint venture will boost your web traffic, subscribers, and revenue. It helps you to get traffic on your website. Other people send targeted traffic to your website. These are the website that can really help you get thousands of traffic.
Another great technique to sign up on this website & complete your profile with the website URL. Clients who are looking to hire freelancers may find you, there all possibility that he visits your website.
Buy Twitter Traffic
Did you know that you can buy Twitter traffic? There are people with over 100,000 followers, you can pay them to tweet your website or affiliate links. There is various website fit this purpose.
- Building an email list is important to increase traffic. Aweber & Mail Chimp are the ones you might want to consider.
- Submit photographs to free stock photography sites and Flickr and ask for a credit link back to your site.
- Create Backlinks. Backlinks are the incoming links to a website. You can buy Backlinks. Buying high-quality links will help ensure your site rank higher in less time.
- Make sure to use one ping service at a time to avoid been penalized by Google. Here are some of the ping sites:
- Google Ping
- Bulk Ping
- Blog directories is a great way to gain more exposures and increase targeted traffic. I have composed a list of my blog directories.
- Blog Digger
- Spill Bean
- Blogging Fusion
- EationWeb Blog Directory
- On Top List
- Blog Flex
- Blog Listing
- Blog Universe
- Blog Search Engine
- Blog Universe
- Globe of Blogs
- Creating a newsletter and adding links is an effective way to drive traffic to the website.
- Stock Layouts
- Microsoft Word Templates
- Carbon Graffiti
- Campaign Monitor
- Buy Templates
- Fresh Templates
- You can use classified ads to drive means of advertising directly to your website.
- Google AdWords-Google Pay Per Click is a great way to buy and drive paid traffic to your websites.
- Get your business on Google. Sign up using your Google account and personalise your business information. https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
- YouTube is a powerful social media platform that helps you promote your website and services through video marketing.
- Writing press releases with embedded links and distributing them across newswire can give you a tremendous amount of traffic. Here is the list of website:
- Add your blog to Technorati.
- List your blog in as many free blog directories as you can find.
- Take part in link parties and blog carnivals.
- Consistently stay connected with forums and help people with information related to your niche and keep in mind that you are including your blog’s URL in your signature.
- Submit articles to syndicated article directories like Ezine Articles.
- Use a link inspection tool. Moz’s Open Site Explorer to find where other bloggers are getting links from and start working on those links.
- Ask a famous blogger or person to like & share your page. It will give you tonnes of traffic.
Web Analytics & SEO
- Sign up for Google Analytics & Webmaster Tool to analyze your website.
- Integrate Piwik as a Web Analytics tool if you want to track your website with multiple analytics.
- Interlink your blog posts — link to old posts from new ones and edit old posts to link to more recent ones.
- Don’t forget to enter the title of the page. This page title will appear as a hyperlink in a search engine when your page is found.
<head> <title>My Web Page</title> </head>
- Use keyword research tools to write about the things that many people are searching for and write those keywords in the meta information.
<head> <title>My Web Page</title> <meta name=”keywords” content=“keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3, keyword 4, keyword 5 ” /> </head>
- Write a descriptive page title for each page and remove fillers such as “the”, “and”, etc. while still making it readable. e.g.
<head> <title>My Web Page</title> <meta name=”keywords” content=“keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3, keyword 4, keyword 5 ” /> <meta name=”description” content=“Description must be given (Remove fillers.)” /> </head>
- A search engine considers keywords that appear in the page headers and subheaders. So, make sure desired keywords and phrases appear in one or two header tags.
h3tags are one of the most important tags, as it provides clues to the search engine. So consider using them smartly.
- Make sure
h3tags are defined in Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) rather than creating heading tag with other names.
- Your first paragraph is the key! Search engine expects that your first paragraph will contain the important keywords for the page.
- Search engines are looking for clues to focus on your web page. When they see words hyperlinked in your body text, they consider these potentially important, so hyperlink your important keywords.
- Use relevant keywords in your image file names and must include ‘alt’ attribute.
- Use keywords in your post title and subheadings.
- Keywords are the most important aspect of SEO for every search engine. Check out these keyword research tools:
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Keyword Extreme
- Keyword Scout
- Google Trends
- Google Insights
- SEM Winner Tool
- URL Keywords
- Freebies are always an attraction for people. Let people subscribe to your blog & in return give them free e-Books to download.
- Put an opt-in form on your website and send out a free newsletter.
These ideas should be more than enough for you to get started and mind me if you consistently follow these tips and persisting till you get the desired result will surely make you millions of traffic a month.
If you have some other ideas, do share it with us in comments!