RSS is an abbreviation used for “Really Simple Syndication”. RSS feeds enclose content of blog posts, news, audio, video in various formats that readers have subscription access to.
Benefits of RSS Feed
Many of the RSS directory websites are PR6 and PR5 rank websites. Once you create RSS feed for your website or blog and submit it to RSS directory sites, you will qualify a good number of quality backlinks.
Content writers also look for RSS feeds for content reference. You stand a very good chance to earn a backlink if content writer take reference from your content and mention the URL of your website in the post.
2. Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
RSS feed helps you to improve search engine optimization of your website. RSS feed is an excellent way to let search engine know about latest post or pages on your blog or website. It improves search engine visibility while reaching out to a new-targeted audience.
3. It increase Website traffic
RSS feed act as a content discovering tool for search engine. It quickly informs search engine about the content and listed quickly in the database of Search Engine crawlers. That help you build organic traffic by improving the SEO
It is free, easy and reliable way to distribute content with prospective readers or potential clients.
Instead of having to go out and searching to each individual website to check fresh content, contents are present at one centralized location. Therefore, it is worth sharing the feed content to RSS feed directories with too much ease.
5. Ensures the privacy of subscribers
Many visitors do not like to subscribe and share their email addresses to everyone. As users are not joining email newsletters of a site, so there is no need to provide any personal information.
6. Users have full control over the information
Users have full control over the information they like to receive and read about. Users are free to subscribe and unsubscribe to any feed without having to share their personal information to multiple websites or blogs.
7. Search Engine ranks RSS Feed directory sites higher than others do.
RSS directory websites and their links rank high in search engines. Once a new content/post submitted on such RSS website directories, indexed quickly by search engines in their crawling database.
8. RSS directory websites have huge user base.
RSS directory website members are subscribers of different other blogs as well, so if you use RSS for your blog, you have a great chance to get some quality audience to your website.
9. RSS Directory Sites have great chance to get included by Content Syndication Engines
RSS feed directory websites are crawled by Content Syndication Engines and that is why you stand a great chance to get your website included in the crawling database of those content syndication engines.
10. Saves Time
Instead of having to surfing hundreds of your favorite websites, RSS feed website helps audience to get their content delivered right next to them. All the contents are compiled at one place so that the user can read what they want and when they want without having to waste too much of time.
Creating & Configuring RSS Feed
1. How to Create RSS feed?
If you are a WordPress user and you have a WordPress based website, it has an inbuilt XML feed. You can access it by typing the URL of your website then forward slash feed (/feed). It looks like this:
Alternatively, you can use Google’s FeedBurner as well. FeedBurner is a free service provided by Google. It is loaded with some of the awesome features that WordPress default version of feed lacks.
Here are some of the features of Feedburner:
- Your users get multiple method of subscription such as Email, and other feed-readers (Netvibes, Google etc).
- Subscriber Count.
- You have option to get statistics about your RSS Feed Subscribers so you can study, analyze and optimize your blog posts.
- Monetize your RSS feeds by integrating Google Adsense to it.
- Customization features are there for your feeds to modify post headings, branding and more.
- You have the option to ping your published post with various feed-reading services.
2. Setup Feedburner RSS feed
- First, you will require a Google account.
- Now visit the Feedburner page (feedburner.google.com) to begin this process.
- Next, enter the link to your WordPress Blog Feed. Your feed link should be like your-domain.com/feed/
- Once you enter the link to your WordPress Blog feed click next, enter feed title, feed address, and click next. That is it!
- Next, optimize your RSS feed to make it browser friendly. Navigate to Optimize tab and make sure you have browser friendly option activated. Make sure that services like SmartFeed, FeedFlare are also active.
- In the next step, under Publicize tab, make sure that PingShot and Awareness API are active. Moreover, you need to allow email subscription on your website for those users who prefer to get updates in their mailbox rather than using Google Reader.
Once you are done with all these steps, integrate it into your website and submit your RSS feed to RSS feed directories.
Here is the list of top 10 RSS directories:
- Blog Digger, Google PR: 6
- Feedage, Google PR: 6
- Plazoo, Google PR: 6
- Boing Boing, Google PR: 6
- Feed For All, Google PR: 6
- twingly.com/ping, Google PR: 6
- rssmicro.com, Google PR: 6
- Media Post, Google PR: 6
- Rapid Feeds, Google PR: 6
150+ High PR RSS Feed Directories
|RSS Feed Directory List|
If your blog still does not have Feedburner RSS feed then get it right now to improve Search Engine Optimization, get backlinks and improve search engine visibility.
If you know more such RSS feed directory website with high Google Page Rank, let us know.