Writing articles is not that difficult. Anybody can write a blog post — yes, anybody — but writing a quality & effective blog post is little trickier. A good blog post has to be a well written but even more important is the content. A Blog post is generally more successful when it is engaging, more informative, and connect with your audience and hold the attention of your audience. Here are those blog writing tips that make your blog post standout.
Blo>Blog Writing Tips
1. >1. Make a Wire Frame
Here are steps that you can use while creating a wireframe for your blog post:
- Pick a topic.
- Do Keyword Research and pick a suitable title.
- Include images and infographics to your post.
- Write key points for your post and make the best one come first.
- Write a first paragraph that both explains the piece and tells us a story to do so.
- Now start writing about the each of the key points that you wrote earlier in your post.
- Give an actionable call to action or takeaways.
- Wrap up the post, however, you want that call to action to go.
2. >2. Understand your audience
It is very important that you first undersatnd your targeted audience before you start to write. You must understand what your audience wants to read about? What will resonate with them? This is where creating your audience persona comes in handy.
Now the question starts how to understand audience?
Follow these tips below:
2a.>2a. Interview People In Your Potential Readership Zone
Start interviewing people you know. Ask them to want to interest them and what they want to read about. Collect information, statistics and prepare your post according to that.
2b.>2b. Research Your Audience Through Different Media
There are plenty of other mediums that allow you to understand your audience. Your Social profile like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook page lets you identify the interest of your audience. Posts with most engagements (likes, comments, views or reach) certainly the interest area of your audience.
Moreover, study your analytics account and find which post got high traffic. It is a good idea to write about those topics which got high traffic and consider minimising those topics which got low traffic.
2c.>2c. Read Blog Comments And Respond To Them
Comments on your blog post clearly give you an idea about how your post is performing. Comments and audience engagement will give you an idea which post is performing better as per your audience. You can more such articles on that particular topic.
2d.>2d. Create Polls and Surveys
Using polls and surveys lets you know who is reading as well as who might be reading – their ages, genders, demographics, interests and occupations. You can learn how to tailor your work if you know about who is reading.
3. >3. Use Conversational Writing Style
Conversational writing style means writing the way you would speak. Conversational writing style makes your user feel as if you are talking WITH them — NOT talking AT him.
Many people believe that writing conversational style of content requires you to record your voice and then typing out in form of text. But when you look at the full transcript of an interview, you will find lots of grammar mistakes, and sentences that have not been finished.
So, writing conversational content does not mean that you write as you talk. Instead, you can edit your text so it does not sound like writing.
4. Be>4. Be clear and concise>Make sure that you get your message across to your readers in the clearest way possible. Sometimes, a short, precise sentence is enough to grab the attention of the audience and make an impression.
Many of us believe that the effective blog post should be at least 500 words long and many of the websites prefer to write about 1000 to 2000 (or even 3000) words to convey their message in the post but at the same time remember that your article does not get too long to be boring, but long enough to be factual.
5. Us>5. Use Images & Infographics>Choose an eye-catching photos and infographics. It is more likely that people will like, comment and share.
Images for an effective blog post are important for many reasons. Images and infographics illustrate important points to your readers and encourage people to share a post.
6. Us>6. Use examples>Using example for your blog post is the key to explaining about your content. Bring real life examples in your articles. In case you are trying to explain a complicated topic, simplify it with things like case studies and stories.
7. In>7. Insert a call-to-action (CTA) at the end.>At the end of every blog post, you should have a Call-To-Action that indicates what you want the reader to share your post on social media or subscribe to your blog, downloads an eBook, register for a webinar etc. Typically, you think about the Call-To-Action being beneficial for the marketer. Your visitors read your blog post, they click on the Call-To-Action, and eventually, you generate a lead.
You may also want to read articles on Blogging.
Hope you will find this post useful and use these tips next time while writing a more effective blog post. If you like this post, share it on social media and do put your views in the comment section below.